Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Wedding #2 and the Pumpkin Patch

Mr. Mister is one social baby. He went to his second wedding this weekend. I was a bridesmaid in this one, so daddy was in charge. Mr. Mister came dressed in a collared shirt and khakis. The shirt was supposed to have a tie that goes with it, but the tie was too small to fit around his neck (all those chins get in the way!). He looked very handsome. Of course, he got hungry right in the middle of the ceremony, and as Mark fed him a bottle, his gulps were loud enough to be heard by the people in the next row...evidence of the extreme hunger that comes when two whole hours pass between feedings. He did great at the reception, posing for a few pictures before changing into his sleeper to sleep the night away with loud dancing music in the background.

One adventure for me from that night was nursing him in my bridesmaid dress in the bathroom at the reception hall. I snuck out during dinner, accompanied by my good friend Melanie. What a friend to sit in a bathroom and keep me company while I fed him. There was a Sweet 16 party going on at the same reception hall so while I was feeding him, 16 year old girls were coming in and out (dressed, by the way, in very short dresses that I can't believe parents let them leave the house in). I wonder what they thought as I told them that this is what they have to look forward to someday. Maybe it offered some sort of birth control for them.

The other big event of last weekend was Mr. Mister's first trip to the pumpkin patch. Mark and I have made a trip to Iron's Fruit Farm in Lebanon every fall since we've been married...it's definitely a highlight of our year. So we excitedly dressed Mr. Mister in a great pumpkin patch outfit...overalls, warm boots, and a pumpkin hat to top it all of. That was in the morning before church. By the time we were ready to go to the pumpkin patch later, it was 80 degrees and not a cloud in the sky to offer shade from the hot sun. So we stripped him down to his onesie and endured the crowds and the line for the hayride in order to get him a tiny pumpkin out of the field. Something about it being hot and crowded at the pumpkin patch takes away from this nostalgic fall experience. Oh well, we had good intentions.

No comments: