Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Birthday Sun and Birthday Fun!

I hope you all are enjoying the sunny day God gave me for my birthday today!
 I'm happy to share it with you!

I've always soaked up every minute of my birthday (and sometimes the day before and after). But birthdays look a little different now with three kids than they once did. For example, I got a 6am wake up call this morning with surround sound coughing from two sick kiddos who didn't want to go back to sleep.

So I made use of the early morning and headed to Starbucks, as has been my birthday tradition since having kids.  Every year I escape with a free birthday latte, some good music and my Bible and journal and spend time reflecting on the past year and praying for the year to come.  It is always such sweet time with the Lord and this morning was no exception.

I am thankful for my servant husband who knows how much I love my birthday and does anything possible to make it a special day for me.  Like feeding the kids breakfast so I could slip out to Starbucks.  And feeding them lunch so I could go for a run on a gorgeous sunny day.  Time by myself is the best gift at this stage of life.  And what a gift to have my husband working at home so I can get those windows of time to get away.  Otherwise, I might have to try this trick I learned from the birthday card my parents gave me this year:


The inside says, "Do whatever it takes to get some peace and quiet on your birthday."
Haha. I love it.  That is a perfect picture of my life.  
And I may just have to try this out someday!

Also entertaining today was a booklet I got from my mother and father-in-law that gave an overview of the year I was born.  Things like music and movies and gas prices.  In addition to making me feel old ($.53 bread!) it was really interesting and sometimes humorous, like these ads that ran in magazines that year.
If these don't say 80's, I don't know what does!!
 
 
 


And my personal favorite:


Anyway, sick kids and antiquated ads aside, I am thankful for another year of life!
Thankful for the truth of Psalm 139 (my favorite Scripture to remember on my birthday).
And praying Psalm 51:6 for this year...
truth in the inner parts and wisdom in the inmost place.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: