Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Life

Here are some bits and pieces of our life in the last week...

- Today it really felt like spring! It was in the high 60's and I finally got to pull my beloved flip flops out of the closet for the afternoon. Our piles of snow in the backyard are almost gone and my daffodils that started appearing in November (way off schedule) look to have endured the weight of the snow. Oh spring, it is so good to see you!

- About a week and a half ago, Mr. Mister decided he didn't need to sleep that much anymore. He went from consistently sleeping until 8 or a little before that to waking up anywhere from 5:45 to 6:30. Um, what happened? It is not light at that time and the time hasn't changed yet, so I have no explanation. One night he even woke up at 2am wanting us to rock him. It was like having a newborn again, except that this time instead of crying loudly, he just yelled, "Daddy, can you help me with something?" At 2am. Then wanted Daddy to sing and tell him stories.

- On a more positive note, he has been consistently pooping in the potty. I haven't changed a poopy diaper in a couple weeks! So we're making progress in the whole potty training thing...amazing what some cookies (animal crackers) can do to motivate :)

- On a frustrating note, he has bit two kids in the last week and he scratched my face hard enough to leave a potentially life long scar (okay, maybe not life long, but right now it feels like that). It is really frustrating because I thought we were making progress past all of this. He won't be 10 and still biting his friends, will he??

- On a pregnancy note, I am 32 weeks today. And starting this week for the next 8 weeks, I have to go to the hospital 2 extra times (in addition to my appointments) for a "non-stress test" where they monitor the baby's heart rate for 20 minutes. They say I have to go because of my hypothyroid diagnosis. I say I don't need to go because my thyroid levels have been normal for a long time now, I didn't have to do this with Mr. Mister, there is no other reason that I should be high risk, and I know the exact reason I'm hypothyroid: I don't have a thyroid. And, do they realize how hard it is to schedule 3 appointments a week for 8 weeks when I have to find a babysitter and drive across town? I guess not. That's why I find it ironic that the "non-stress test" has actually been the source of much stress.

When I was there on Monday, the lady told me, "Your baby sounds perfect!" Yep, that's because I DO NOT NEED TO BE HERE! But they win. I will go. For the baby. And the perk is that for the 20 minutes I get to lay in quiet by myself so I'll just enjoy a little nap time.

- One more fun thing...I had a second ultrasound on Monday and everything looked great. I'm measuring about 2 days before my May 4 due date. I was so in love with this little baby as I watched him/her on the screen. The little hands were folded over the face and it was just the cutest thing ever. Besides having a list of projects to get done before he/she arrives (most of which won't get done), I am ready for this little one to arrive!

2 comments:

none said...

So sweet about the ultrasound! No, he won't be 10 and biting his friends. My little one scratched my neck and left a scratch for a good week last weekend! Sorry to hear about the change in sleep schedule! That's rough!

Linds

Steph said...

If you're ever short on babysitters shoot me a message and I can come over! Anna LOVES playing with little boys these days :) she's quite the charmer. seriously, let me know if you need help