Monday, March 15, 2010

Big Boy Bed!

This was a big weekend for Mr. Mister - he moved to his big boy bed!

Cousin Beybeth had passed down this IKEA extendable bed several months ago when she finally grew out of it, so we just needed to get the mattress and bedding. I had been putting it off because I really liked the crib and the security it provided (mostly for me!). But this weekend was the perfect time to transition, as Grandma and Papa were in town for a visit. They took us to get the rest of what we needed and Papa and Daddy set up the bed while an eager Mr. Mister looked on.

We let him choose the comforter. He was pretty insistent on this red one. My first thought was that it didn't match the light green walls we painted in his room, but I held back and let this be a great opportunity to give him the freedom to express his opinions!

It all turned out to be really cute, especially the fact that this bed looks so tiny but he fits perfectly in it. I still can't believe what a big boy he is. He has had no problem transitioning to sleeping in the bed and he's excited to let the baby use the crib soon!



Trying it out.


Tucking Duckie into bed.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

The Hamons said...

Yay! Good job, little man!!

I'm so glad to know that Evan is not the only 2 1/2 year old on the planet to stil be in a crib - whch is how I feel sometimes!!

and I think Evan has the same duckie! :)