Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Books

Mr. Mister must have listened to the lecture I gave him when he was three months old and didn't like looking at books. I told him that his mom, grandma, and aunt are teachers so he has to like books. These days, he has a new found love for reading and it makes me very happy!

When we read before his naps, I usually end up reading the same book three times as he sits in my lap sucking his thumb (although I think this may be more of a stalling tactic.) Yesterday, we read or flipped through every book on his bookshelf. He just kept taking one after another off the shelf for me to read. And every once in a while if I let him play by himself, he'll sit down in a pile of books and flip through them without me. The cutest is when he reads out loud. He'll turn the pages of a book and say a bunch of different sounds, just like he's reading. It's music to my ears!

No comments: