Thursday, June 5, 2008

Steak and Potatoes

Someone in the grocery store joked one day that Mr. Mister must be eating steak and potatoes. (sidenote: People so easily take the liberty to make comments about his chubbiness...sometimes I wonder what they would say if I returned the comment.) Anyway, the thought of steak and potatoes seemed so far off....we were just getting through pureed chicken and vegetables. But the other night when went to my sister and her new husband's apartment for dinner, they served steak and mashed potatoes. Since Mr. Mister was not a big fan of the pureed pasta dish I brought him, I decided to give it a try. The pediatrician assured me the other night at his checkup that he is quite capable of eating a wider variety of finger food. He really is good at chewing, but I've been so afraid of him choking that I've stuck to mostly cereal and bread. So I stepped out of the box and went straight for the good stuff. It didn't surprise me at all that he loved it and it gave me the freedom to try more things as finger food instead of pureeing everything. So I am now gladly seeing the light at the end of the pureeing tunnel. I love making his food because I know it's so good for him and more cost effective, but I will be glad to pack away the food processor for a while.

No comments: