Friday, June 13, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

In honor of the hot, humid weather today, I decided to take Mr. Mister to our neighborhood pool. I thought it would be fun to cool off and to get outside before the predicted storms came through. This was a great idea when I thought of it, but by the time I got his bathing suit on, put sunscreen all over him, gathered toys and towels and sunglasses and keys and everything else we might have needed, the skies were getting dark. I was not going to miss out on the pool after all this work, though, so I put Mr. Mister in the stroller anyway and walked quickly. We spent at least 3 minutes in the pool until the thunder started rumbling. So I put him back in the stroller and walked quickly back home. I ended up giving him a bath instead. He splashed around and played with his toys and I wondered if he really knew the difference between the bathtub and the pool.

No comments: