Friday, June 6, 2008

More and Mama

A while back, when Mr. Mister started squawking and screaming when he wanted more food, I began to teach him the sign for more so he could ask without screaming. Over and over I would show him the sign, tapping the tips of my fingers together. (I'm sure most of you know the sign, but if you don't, you'll have to look it up or just pretend, because it's too hard to describe). After I would do the sign, I would put his hands together to sign more. Then I would give him more food. In the meantime, he learned to clap. So now he thinks that the sign for more is the same as clapping. So when he wants more food, he starts clapping. It's adorable. I'll be fixing his food and I hear clap, clap, clap, behind me and there he is with a huge smile on his face. I love it.

He is also starting to say mama more often and I think he is learning that it means me. He said it a while ago, but more like he was stringing syllables together. Now, he says it when he's looking at me or when I'm not paying attention to him. I LOVE it. It melts my heart every time and I feel like giving him whatever he wants when he says it! (I know, that will have to change.)

No comments: