Wednesday, May 11, 2011

The Ring Bear

We went to Milwaukee for my cousin's wedding this past weekend.  The boys were invited too, which made for some great adventures.  And a lot of snacks to keep them entertained on the plane and at the wedding.   I am shocked that Mr. Newton did not end up getting sick after all of his crawling around on the hotel and airport floors. Yuck.

Anyway, when we were packing for our trip, Mr. Mister was asking about what he was going to wear to the wedding.  He is going to be the ring bearer in our friends' wedding in September so we've been talking about how he'll wear a tuxedo for that.  Here was our conversation:

Mr: Mom, am I going to wear a tuxedo to the wedding?
Me: No, only people in the wedding will wear tuxedos. When you are in Miss Emily's wedding you will wear a tuxedo.
Mr: Will I wear a bear tuxedo?

After I figured out what he meant, I laughed out loud. He thought he was going to be the ring bear.  Which makes sense.  What 3 year old knows the word bearer?

So I explained the difference and I think he was kind of disappointed that he won't be walking down the aisle dressed like a bear. He'd probably love to growl at people as he walked!

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

i knew of a wedding where they had the ring bearer dress up as a bear. Pretty funny.

Also I love the difference in our personalities... whenever Henry is crawling around airport floors all I think about is.. YAY he is not crying!! Their immune systems are stronger than you think...

Although I do have a friend whose daughter got a staff infection type thing from licking the museum floor. LOL