Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Things I Haven't Blogged About...

The days fly by and all the things I want to blog about pile up. So here are some things I've been meaning to post....

1. Cherub Chowder - this was one of the recipes I made a couple weeks ago for Mr. Mister out of the baby cookbook I have. (Daddy often notes that Mr. Mister's meals are better than ours!) Mr. Mister loved this new meal, a thick, potato based puree. But it didn't sit well with him. He woke up screaming at 10:30 and was awake until 3am, gagging several times and throwing up once. We called the doctor at 2am, but she was not helpful at all. So we just stayed up, comforting him and playing with him in attempts to distract him. He finally fell asleep when we played the Baby Einstein video on the laptop outside of his crib. By morning he was all better and we successfully made it through his first real sickness.

2. Mother's Day - My first Mother's Day was fabulous. We planted my flowers on Saturday because Sunday was supposed to be stormy all day (and it was.) I loved working in the garden as Daddy and Mr. Mister played on the blanket in the yard. Then on Sunday, Daddy made me banana pancakes for breakfast and let me take a nap later in the afternoon. When I woke up from my nap, Daddy came in carrying Mr. Mister. They had colored me a picture on construction paper together and Mr. Mister was holding the paper as they came into the room. It was adorable. They also "pitched in together" to pay for us to have a family picture taken. All in all, it was a wonderful Mother's Day!

3. Zoo Babies - Mr. Mister and I met my sister and her son at the zoo last Friday. The Zoo Babies exhibit was going on and we were very excited to see all the cute little baby animals. There was only one problem. I think that every school in the city was on a field trip to the zoo that day. It was horrible. Kids everywhere, screaming at each other and at the animals. I couldn't handle it...it was completely chaotic. So we left after only a half hour and only one zoo baby sighting. One highlight was this conversation we overheard as a group of middle school students looked at a stork.

Student 1: What is it?
Student 2: It's a flamingo!
Student 1(after cleverly reading the sign) : It's not a flamingo, it's a stork!
Student 2: Yeah, it's the stork that brings us babies!

No comments: