Saturday, January 12, 2008

My Birthday

Wednesday, the 9th, was my birthday. I really like my birthday. Growing up, my best friend and I would celebrate our birthday eves, our birthdays, and the day after our birthdays. Why not get as much celebration out of it as possible?

This year was the best one I can remember for a while. Mark was working from home, which he does every once in a while. So not only did I get to spend my birthday with him, but he also took care of Mr. Mister so I could sleep in, go for a run outside on the beautiful sunny day, and best of all, spend 2 hours at Starbucks by myself! I hadn't realized how much I missed alone time. Curling up with a latte (which was free because I knew the girl working and she wanted to treat me for my birthday!) on the comfy chair with my ipod and journal was so wonderful. I just soaked up that time by myself and had some very refreshing and renewing time with the Lord.

After that, Mark and I got carry out from Bravo's Italian restaurant...also free because we had a gift card. We ate it at home and then our also free babysitters arrived (thanks, Karen and Nick!) so we could go to our also free movie (thanks, Amy!). We saw The Great Debators, which was excellent. I highly recommend it.

The birthday fun didn't end there. Last night, we celebrated with my family at Lemon Grass for some Thai food, followed by ice cream at Aglamesis. It was a very fun night and a great end to the three day celebration of my birthday!

No comments: