Friday, January 24, 2014

To Make You Smile

Everything makes me cry these days.  The good, the bad and the ugly...and we have certainly had it all in the recent weeks.  So I thought I'd lighten things up a little with some fun videos and pictures of our beautiful kids.

First up, Daisy and her hilarious (and really sweet) presentation of Psalm 139:14.  It's a verse I've been praying over her and saying to her most nights since she was born.  A little while ago, she started repeating it after me and now she can say it on her own!  It is one of my favorite things because I love that she is already excited about knowing God's Word and it makes me laugh every time.  Just in case you can't understand her, here is the transcript.  Oh, and her fingers near her mouth are her microphone - she learned that from her brothers.

"I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made.
Your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  Psalm 139:14"




Next up is my cute Mr. Newton, posing for a photo shoot as something to occupy us during a recent visit to the doctor for round two of strep throat.  This boy has a life giving smile.






And last but not least, Mr. Mister being just like his Daddy.  First, this is how we found him one morning when he got up before us.  Sitting at the dining room table with his devotional book and a journal.  He said he wanted to do what Daddy does in the mornings.  That was the best surprise to wake up to!


Second, his entrepreneurial spirit is already shining through.  One day he had the idea to make a bunch of paper airplanes and then sell them in our neighborhood.  I loved his spirit and motivation and didn't want to crush him so I let him go to two houses....neighbors that I knew would love it.  He decided he would tell people that the airplanes were free or whatever they wanted to pay for them.  Haha.  He ended up making $3.00!  We have some really great (and generous) neighbors! 





Hope you enjoyed a peak into our lives around here.  It makes me want to get back to blogging more of the day to day happenings.  So many treasures that I don't want to forget!





1 comment:

Jackie said...

Oh my gosh I love this! That video is SO sweet! And Mister Mister getting up early to read and journal? oh my gosh... heart melter. Hope you guys are hanging in there! Glad you have joyful kids to help brighten your days:)