Monday, June 3, 2013

Prayer Please



So much is going on in life right now.  I have a lot of thoughts that I would love to blog about at some point, but it's just hard to find time to keep this blog updated with everything that I want to write.

The most important thing right now is a request for prayer for my father-in-law, who was recently diagnosed with an aggressive form of cancer.  His name is Mark.  Please pray for him. 

We are daily encouraged and inspired by how he and his wife are trusting the Lord wholeheartedly in such a hard time.  The peace that they have is definitely the peace that transcends understanding (Phil. 4:7), which can only come from trusting the Father who loves us and has already rescued us.  All of this has given me a desperate reliance on the promises of God, which we can stand on and put all of our hope in.  Because He is love and He is good and He is faithful. Always.  

I could just keep going...the Word has become so alive to me and God has so many promises for us directly related to suffering. But it's almost midnight so I'll stop here for now.  Please pray for trust and for healing.

Also..this song by David Crowder has been playing over and over in our house and our cars throughout the past month as we have gone through this whirlwind.  In the face of hardship, the enemy shouts his lies, but we cling the the whispers of truth.  I love this song, which reminds me so powerfully of the truth of who God is and who we are in Him.

"Here's my heart, Lord.  Speak what is true."
Posted by Picasa

No comments: