Saturday, November 24, 2012

Halloween

Christmas carols are playing, Christmas lights are on display, and Christmas trees are attched to every car that passes.  And I am posting my Halloween pictures.  Better late than never, right?

One day, I heard Mr. Mister ask our 12 year old neighbor if he likes Super Why.  The boy had no idea who Super Why was, much to the surprise of Mr. Mister who must think that everyone watches PBS in their spare time.  If you have kids his age, you probably know this super reader who flies into books.  He's definitely a favorite in our house. 

After Mr. Mister recovered from his initial devestation when I told him I wasn't going to order him the $30 Super Why costume he saw on the computer, he soon got on board with making our own version.  It was actually fun to do and I thought it turned out well, despite the fact that I used saftey pins where I should have used a sewing machine.  But that's another skill for another day.

Mr. Newton was a fire fighter.  This was his first year really experiencing trick-or-treating and he quickly caught on to the joy of filling up his bucket with candy!

Miss S was a pumpkin, which only lasted long enough to take a picture because it was so big on her that she couldn't sit and I couldn't hold her very easily.

these pictures aren't great but they get the job done!
 


Mr. Newton went with us to his brother's party at school.  He joined in on circle time like he was one of the class.  He even sang some of the songs with them, watching Mr. Mister the whole time and doing whatever he did.   He thinks he's 5 too!
 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: