Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Haircut Woes

This has nothing to do with the rest of the blog post, but I love this picture.
Mr. Newton found these sunglasses when were at Target. He put them on, then said look, Mom! Then started walking away, saying home. Like he was ready to take them home.
He is so funny!




Onto the haircut woes. Mr. Newton is terrified of getting his haircut. His hair grows so fast and so long that he has already had several haircuts, all of which have been at home with our clippers. We've had to hold him down every time while he screams until we are done. That's why he usually has a mullet and really long hair hanging over his ears - I can never get motivated to endure the haircutting process. Thankfully, his hair looks really cute and kind of rockstar-like when it is long. But there comes a point when a boy needs a haircut.

So I finally decided to take him to one of those fun kid friendly places. With his ring bearer job quickly approaching, I wanted his hair to look good and not patchy like it is when I cut it because I have to hurry up and get as much cut as I can while Daddy holds him down!

I was hopeful that the cool airplane seat, the cartoons on t.v., the lollipop and the balloon might distract him enough to make it fun, or at least not miserable.

It worked at first.
 Because she was just spraying his hair with water. 


But as soon as she reached for the scissors and started cutting, he started crying. He kept saying ouch and all done. It was so sad. But I kept thinking (or hoping) that she has probably seen worse.


In the end, he looked handsome and was happy to have his balloon and lollipop.
He said afterward that it didn't hurt and wasn't scary, but if I ask him if he wants another haircut the answer is a very quick NO!
 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Stinky Pete said...

I-I, you look so handsome!