Sunday, November 14, 2010

Not Much Going On

I have been behind in writing on my blog and in reading other people's.  So if I am a regular reader of your blog, I hope to catch up on your life soon!

As for life here, it's been kind of busy but it doesn't seem like too many blog-worthy things going on.  So here are some quick updates:

  • Our days have been pretty low key because I'm trying to let Mr. Newton nap here in the morning instead of in the car.  The days we try to go somewhere fun, he gets a really short morning nap.  Thankfully, Mr. Mister is pretty content to play with blocks and crayons and other things we can do here.
  • We've had beautiful weather and Mr. Mister has perfected his bike pedaling, so it's been fun to watch him ride his bike.  He looks so old pedaling along like a pro. Although the training wheels do help keep him looking like a little guy for a little while longer.
  • Mr. Newton has now been healthy for almost a week, which is the longest stretch without a cough in the last few months.  It's nice to have a healthy baby again.  He is getting more mobile.  He moves all around the floor via rolling, scooting backwards, and moving in circles.  I'd be very okay if he waited to crawl, but I don't think it's too far off.  Baby proofing is much harder this time because we now have toys like legos and other small things that Mr. Mister plays with.  
  • My husband and I went to a fundraising banquet last week for one of our favorite missions organizations in Mexico.  It made me miss Mexico and life there a lot. I see the faces and hear the stories and it really makes me want to go.  But I know this is where God has us now, even if it's hard sometimes.  And I know Mexico would be hard too in other ways.
  • Have I ever mentioned that I have an amazing husband?  I get TWO girls nights this week.  An evening of outlet shopping with my mom and a night of coffee with my high school BFFs.  Woohoo!

No comments: