Wednesday, October 21, 2009

last day!

Today was my last day of teaching. It was a happy sad day (like they said in an old Cabbage Patch Kids book we used to read when we were little). Okay, so it was mostly happy and just a little sad. It's a huge relief to be finished with that requirement of this class (I still have a week of class to go), but I did enjoy the time I spent with the teachers and students and I really liked being back in the classroom.

I've been thinking a ton about teaching and staying home and why I'm not going back to teaching now. There are a million thoughts I could share on that but that's another blog post because this has been the longest, most tiring week in a long time so I really just need to go to bed.

I'll just say that between Mr. Mister's plea of "don't leave, Mommy!" this morning as I walked out the door and his huge smile and statement of "Mommy all done working. Don't leave Mr. Mister" this afternoon, it makes me pretty happy with my decision to stay home with him.

I do have to give a HUGE thank you to our wonderful friend Beybeth (as Mr. Mister calls her) for being such a great babysitter over the last 7 weeks. She and Mr. Mister had a lot of fun together and I know he'll miss playing with her. Thanks, E, I couldn't have done it without you!

No comments: