Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Date Nights

Mark and I got to have TWO dates in one weekend!

Date 1: Friday night was Mark's company Christmas party at the bowling lanes. We were planning on taking Mr. Mister since it was close by and since Ohio passed the smoking ban that makes places like that a little more bearable for us and for babies. But, we ended up getting a spontaneous offer to babysit from my sister and her fiance who happened to be in Fairfield that night. Mr. Mister was already in bed, so it was easy for them and we got to enjoy a couple games of bowling and some fun socializing with his coworkers.

Date 2: On Saturday night, Grandma came over to babysit while we went to the Over The Rhine concert downtown. This was our third year going and we are thankful that this year's concert was a little less eventful than last year's. It was after this same concert last year that I took the pregnancy test that revealed my future as a mom. If you've never heard the story, I was slightly (or very) shocked and spent a while crying and lamenting over the fact that I was too young and not ready to be pregnant. I didn't know then that it was my little Marquitos.

So anyway, we had a fun time at the concert and even snuck in a 20 minute dinner beforehand at Lemon Grass, a Thai restaurant I've been craving for months. It was great for Mark and I to have some time together, but I do admit that in the middle of the concert I leaned over and whispered to him that I missed our little Mr. Mister.

1 comment:

Stinky Pete said...

We were at OTR too! It was the best concert of theirs we've been to ever. We didn't know you were fans. Maybe next year we can make it a double date.

I love every year when Karen sings a song for people who were out on a date. Saturday night, it was you!